Images of Devotion in Renaissance Art

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/artmuseum/devotion.html
This is a website about the Images of
devotion in Renaissance. I look on some
strange link in this site. Also, I read the
paragraph of the 3 page of Images
devotion. I learned that the arts in this
time are usually made in cooperation.
The arts in this time were conservative
so change people's thinkings of the art
in this time.

-----------------------------------------
Mona Lisa Smile / Leonardo da Vinci / 1503-1506 / 77*53 cm
I choose this art is Mona Lisa Smile, it's
made by Leonardo da Vinci. I choose this
art because it use " sfumato " to made this
art look more like smoke. No line or no side
just look like smoke. This kind of skill made
Mona Lisa looks like float out from the art,
but also like fit into the art. And this kind of
gradient colors made her smile look like
and be in a long time but also look like will
change in suddenly. Also, I thinks even I
change any place to look at her she seems
look at me every time.
-----------------------------------------
Genesis / Michelangelo Buonarroti / 1508-1512 /43*18 m
This is the fresco called Genesis was
made by Michelangelo Buonarroti .
He spent long time to finish this fresco.
I like this kind of fresco because you
can know the storys by the fresco.
I like the most is this part in Genesis.
It's the create of adam. I like the feelings
in this fresco. Adam's eyes full of believes
and thirst, and the god is commiserate. With
the touch of their finger Adam will get the
life.

1 comment:

Savant English School said...

This is ok. But Mona Lisa is not christian art... Make sure your paintings follow the theme of the week's topic. The website part was also a bit lacking...